Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blog Assignment #1


Horror Stories of EDM310

I have heard many stories about EDM310. Fellow students warned me that EDM310 was an extremely hard and time consuming course.They informed me that I would be constantly working on complicated assignments and sometimes get so frustrated that I'd want to drop the course. I hoped  they were just trying to scare me and decided that instead of getting overwhelmed, I would bite the bullet and enjoy learning the new material instead.

stressing out

My Fears

I understand that this course is a very intense one. Some of my fears include; not getting finished with an assignment on time, falling behind, or getting completely stuck. For me, computer programing is one of my weaknesses. I often get worked up and stress myself out while trying to understand a computer program. I usually end up logging off and leaving the problem unresolved. Computers can be very complicated, so I intend to try my best to understand how they work during this EDM310 class. 

This class will be completely different from any high school course. There will not be a teacher sitting at his or her desk to assist you through every step on your homework, or even tell you all the right answers. In this class it is up to you, whether or not you want to make yourself do the work. Also, you have to find the answers on your own. The most difficult aspect of this class for me will probably be teaching myself. Even though self learning can be a struggle, I understand that I am able to receive help at the computer lab, make a phone call to ask a question, or even try checking the class Facebook page. I have learned that sometimes it's best to sit back, take a breath, and work on something else to relieve my mind for awhile. This helps me to have a clear mind so I can present my best possible work.

questions

Questions

A question I have about EDM310 is; Around how long should my blog posts be? Is there a certain word count I should stay around? Also, what are some different ways I could use this information taught during this course in the teaching environment? Many of the questions I would normally have are covered in the syllabus. It is very thorough, and there are good descriptions and instructions. I look forward to learning new material in this course that will help me with my future job as an elementary school teacher.






2 comments:

  1. I felt kinda the same way about a lot of things, but I am thanking God he put us in this class together. I hope that by learning and understanding we will be able to help each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog posts need to be long enough to say what needs to be said; short enough to keep your audience.

    Things are changing rapidly in education. We hope that we will help you participate fully in those changes. However, you will have to be a learner all of your professional life.

    Welcome to EDM310!

    ReplyDelete