Friday, September 5, 2014

Blog Assignment #3


Peer Editing


Watching these videos on peer editing and reading the information about it has given me some great ideas on how to evaluate my peer's blog posts. Before seeing this information I was unsure how to respond to my peers. I have had assignments to comment on my classmate's work before this class, but my previous teachers never specified what they wanted me to include in my comment or even tell me what my tone should be. I have always kept a positive tone in my comments. I never wanted to come off as harsh to my fellow peers. I am happy to know now that I was going about commenting the right way. From the information I have gathered, I am suppose to stay positive, and start off my review with compliments. I am then suppose to give suggestions and finally make corrections for my classmates.


When making suggestions and corrections for my peers, I will be sure not to be a "Mean Margaret", or a "Picky Patty". I thought the Writing Peer Reviews Top 10 Mistakes video was quite entertaining because that is actually how some people come off to be when writing peer reviews. The kids in this video did a great job portraying real people evaluating each other. It is very true that some people can come off as mean, unsure of their own critiques, and even just be down right rude. When giving suggestions and making corrections, I will give my peers advice that I would like to be given myself. I will try to be as helpful as possible. After gaining this information I am excited to critique and evaluate my peer's writings. I will do my best at giving good suggestions and staying very positive during the process.


2 comments:

  1. Good! Be sure to include links to all of the resources/videos listed in the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, I really enjoyed reading your post on peer editing.

    ReplyDelete