Saturday, September 20, 2014

Blog Assignment #5

PLN's What are they? How can they help me as a teacher?


PLN stands for personal learning network. PLN's can be great a source for most everyone, but especially for teachers. A PLN is a group things and people that someone can rely on for genuine, and interesting information. You can rely on the people and tools in your PLN for new information on a certain topic or even different view points on something. I believe it is a great idea to create a PLN if you do not have one already. You can use Symbaloo to create a PLN. They can be very helpful in your times of need. As a teacher,I could use my PLN to find new ideas for lesson plans from different teachers around the world. I could also use it to store a link for my class blog.

This week I was assignment to make my very own PLN. I used Symbaloo to create my PLN. I was amazed about how easy it was to access things such as twitter, blogger, and even just todays weather. I never knew that there was a program I could use to see all of my sources,websites, and friends at once. I also have started adding in reliable people that I can look to for help, or new ideas. I have added in the EDM staff, and a few people from twitter so far. Having a PLN will make life so much easier just by having everything I need at my fingertips. Having a PLN, will change how I look at teaching in the future.

PLNs

3 comments:

  1. I agree that having a PLN will make life easier as a teacher by providing knowledge and new ideas. I believe PLN'S will change the way in which teachers think and establish their classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda!

    I completely agree with you! Having your own PLN is a great idea! Of course, I also believe that teachers could benefit greatly from developing their own PLN. I created my own PLN as well! It is always a good idea to keep adding things to your PLN, so keep it going until you can use it for your teaching!

    "You can rely on the people and tools in your PLN for new information on a certain topic or even different view points on something... As a teacher,I could use my PLN to find new ideas for lesson plans from different teachers around the world." These are great ways to use your PLN!

    I have a couple suggestions for you. You should make your post interactive and have emphasis in it! It is easy to add bold or italics in certain places to emphasize certain parts. Also, you might want to consider creating links to the websites you either use as sources or are just talking about. Examples in this post would be Symbaloo, Twitter, and Blogger. It is super easy to find those HTML codes! Also, they all need to be capitalized. Another short little thing that can be easily fixed, the last two sentences start with "Having a PNL." You can easily eliminate that redundancy issue! You can either combine the sentences or have a different phrase or subject at the beginning of the last sentence!

    There are also a few mistakes that can easily be avoided if you just take a couple extra moments to read over your blog post again. Here are a couple examples:
    - "A PLN is a group [of] things and people..."
    - "This week I was assign[ed] to make my very own PLN."

    Overall, good work with your blog. I like the orange background!
    Jennifer Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall great job! You do need to add working links to your blog though.

    ReplyDelete