Thursday, November 13, 2014

Blog Assignment #13

Blog Post #
What Can We Learn From Mr. Wright? How is he different from other teachers?

Truly Amazing Teacher

After Watching this video, write a quality blog post about what you have learned.



My Blog Post

First of all, let me start off by saying that A Truly Amazing Teacher, was one of the most inspirational videos I have ever watched. Mr. Wright is an amazing teacher and man in general. He makes class fun for his students, and gets them thinking. Mr.Wright stated, "If you can only get your students asking how? and why? then you have them intrigued." Mr. Wright makes his kids wonder how things work and why certain things happen. Someone only truly learns something if they truly care. In this video of Mr. Wrights class, you can really by the students faces that they are very focused on Mr. Wright and what he is teaching.

Mr. Wright states that the key is to reach out to your students. Just letting them know that they have someone to talk to can really make a difference. He knows there are lots of kids who have bad home lives, or have no one to turn to at all. He shares a few of these instances with us in the video. He then goes on to talk about his own home life. He tells his class that he has a son at home who was born with a disease that does not allow him to control his own body. His son is very intelligent, but his brain can't send messages to his body telling it what he wants it to do. Mr. Wright says he gets through this through love. Love makes everything work out in the long run.

From this video, I learned that it is important to keep my students wanting more. That will be when they learn the most. Also, make sure my students know they can reach out to me if they ever need help, or simply just want to talk. As Mr. Wright said, everything can work because of love. If I truly care about my class and students, then I will find ways to make things work in my classroom.


heart

2 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda. This is Melissa Keeler from EDM310. I agree with your statement "it is important to keep my students wanting more." When this is achieved, the educator can know that the student was engaged and actively thinking about the project or assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great video - especially when viewed in the context of project based learning and what teaching really consists of. And parenting. And, as you say, love. Added to my Delicious list addspring15.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete